Watercolour and Wood Engraving by Michael Renton. A small collection of two items consisting a original watercolour study and a wood engravings of ‘Trinity Hospital, Greenwich‘. The watercolour has notes written in pencil by Renton. To be sold with a unsigned wood engraving of the final image. TWO ITEMS.
Image size 295 x 300mm
Page size 295 x 400mm
Trinity Hospital is a group of Alms-houses nestling on the river’s edge between Greenwich Power Station and the Old Royal Naval College on the south bank of the River Thames at Greenwich London, England. Originally built in 1613 by Henry Howard, Earl of Northampton, it was rebuilt in 1812 in Gothic Style. It was one of three Trinity alms-houses founded in the last year of his life, the others being in Clun, Shropshire and Shotesham, Norfolk
Out of stock