Michael Renton wood engraving printed on thick wove paper. The wood cut is initialled and dated 1988 in block. This particular print is an ‘Artist Proof ‘ and is no. 2 of 12 copies signed and titled by the artist in pencil. In very good condition.
Image size 128 x 102mm (4.75 x 4 inches)
Page size 300 x 255mm (12 x 8.75 inches)
Trinity Hospital is an Almshouse nestling on the river’s edge between Greenwich Power Station and the Old Royal Naval College on the south bank of the River Thames at Greenwich London, England. Originally built in 1613 by Henry Howard, Earl of Northampton, it was rebuilt in 1812 in Gothic Style. It was one of three Trinity almshouses founded in the last year of his life, the others being in Clun, Shropshire and Shotesham, Norfolk.